10 Photography Quotes to Change Your Perspective.
I have to confess that sometimes I get a creative block on what I am doing. I feel like I am stuck in an endless loop and that photography has become more of a job than something I do for fun. I mainly put it down to the fact that my equipment, although not bad is still not at a standard in which I would feel I can take the pictures I envision. So I looked around the internet for some inspiration and here is what I came up with. Some top quotes from some great photographers that can apply to anyone in the field, be them a professional or an amateur.
1. “ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adam
2. “ Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. – Henri Cartier-Bresson
3. “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hard
4. “ Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt
5. “ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. – Imogen Cunningham
6. “ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper. – William Albert Allard
7. “ If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up. – Garry Winogrand
8. “ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymou
9. “ Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop. – Ansel Adams
10. “It can be a trap of the photographer to think that his or her best pictures were the ones that were hardest to get. – Timothy Allen – On editing photos
If the going gets though and you suffer from creative block just
give up CARRY ON and show the world what you can do!